RE: Mail lives forever (Re: Bill Joy kicks around XML for fun :-)

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 09:29:15 PST

If you have, or can temporarily use, a copy of Outlook, you can import your
PST into Outlook and then re-export it as a text file with comma-separated
values, tab-separated values, or a number of other formats. Am I missing
something here -- is there some common reason why so many people are talking
about programming solutions, when you can point and click instead?

Another trick to get it into the format used by some other email client,
without programming, requires access not only to Outlook but to an Exchange
server that's configured to allow server-side storage. Run outlook long
enough to upload the PSTs to the server, so that all your mail is available
on the server. Then run another client to use IMAP or POP3 to download all
the mail again and it's in the new client's format.

Lisa