RE: Bill Joy kicks around XML for fun :-)

From: Mike Dierken (mike@DataChannel.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 10:45:20 PST

> I think a similar problem here is XML. Yeah, you can do a few little
> things, but you're going to quickly run into the fact that you need
> behavior, not just data formats, because otherwise everything is too
> static and brittle. As long as there's no alternative, it's fine, but
> then you quickly discover things get to be kind of messy.

Does this mean that e-mail should have script?
Will people be dancing and singing "Happy Happy Joy Joy" when we can
broadcast behavior implementation?

Wwould it make more sense to send the information as properties and bind it
to behavior within the processing agent based on some declarative mapping
that is independent of platform and language?