Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 08:26:38 PST

While it's obligatory to point out that there are cultural and more importantly
fad-experiment phases that society goes through wrg to accepted child rearing practices, I
agree this would be a great idea. You need a license to drive a car but not to have a
child. (How many times have you thought that when noticing an inept or uncaring parent?)

BTW, this should be taught Only by experienced and relatively successful parents, not a 22
YO with a sociology degree and only the hottest theories (in need of experimentation) of
the day. Paired, might be ok. Isn't odd that in parenting, just as you become wise,
understanding, and very good at parenting you are done? (Except for grandparenting of
course.) Lends some credibility to boarding schools, although that's a poor solution in
many other ways it seems to me.

sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@lig.net   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st