Re: The Stranger, on Eminem & Elton

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 12:21:17 PST

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Matt Jensen wrote:

--]> What about folks like Oscar Wilde, MarkE DaSade, William Burroughs,
--]> Charles Bukowsky, Richard Pryor, etc etc etc
--]
--]They differ from Eminem in terms of tone, explicitness, target audience,
--]etc.

Supporting details please.
--]
--]I don't have time to comment on each one

Ah come on, is that the cop out phone i hear ringing?

--], but if you'll pick a person that
--]you think is the best historical analogue to Eminem, I'd be happy to give
--]you my opinion on whether that person ought to have been nominated for a
--]wax cylinder Grammy. (Assuming I'm familiar with their work.)

Did the list of names above scroll by too fast on your screen. Pick one of
them and begin.

For instance, lets try William Burroughs.

If you dont want him or the ones listed how about Lenny Bruce, though if
your not up on Richard Pryor Im guesing your not up on Bruce.

Id say go check out NWA but i dont want you hurting anything:)-

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail