Re: The Stranger, on Eminem & Elton

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 08:12:07 PST

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Matt Jensen wrote:

--]This is an old argument on both sides of course, but I take the other
--]side. I think he's glorifying misogyny and homophobia and a range of sick
--]behaviors,

What about folks like Oscar Wilde, MarkE DaSade, William Burroughs,
Charles Bukowsky, Richard Pryor, etc etc etc

Why is it that the same knee jerk reaction always crops up to the new
blood when they are breaking thru mostly from the older farts who already
have thier "revolutionary" sweethearts of "thier own time" and see any new
faces as instant threats? Why are we not on these other folks listed above
some of whose works speak to "a range of sick behaviors" in the context of
thier localised time frame?

Why? Becuase the one steady drum beat sure thing in culture is the knee
jerky , the antireactionary reactionary , the IGotMineist, and the Liteele
Mind Censor who seeks to beat down anything NEW with justified cries of
"glorifying misogony, homophobia and a range of sick behaviors" and the
favorite stand by "what about the kids"

It sickens me my kids will have to deal with the fact that some of thier
won generation will grow into these type of people. We always hope for a
better world for our kids, i gues the best thing to do is educated her int
he methods of the weaknesses of these folks so they can combat it By Any
Means Nessecary, just as my dad had done.

--] He's adolescent.

Yea, they have nothing to bring to the table.....pull the other one.

Id rather a bunch of adolescents exploring thier inner workings them
solidified old farts who seek to be the judge and jury of culture.

One is a path to possibilites, the other is the great death of
possibilites.

In the end though I still have to ask, how much of Em have you listened to
with half an open mind?

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail