Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 20:49:15 PST

In a message dated 2/22/01 8:50:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, sdw@lig.net
writes:

<< Stable == best for children? Of course there are more variables, but
 this provides more opportunities to learn, grow, relate, etc. This is
 what children need. I think it will provide more stable children, not
 necessarily stable living while growing up. I would even argue (in
 another thread) that too many kids have lives that are too stable: they
 don't venture outside their neighborhood or city or the interests of
 their friends.

you've misinterpreted "stability" as "stifling" somehow. "stable" doesn't
mean "homogenous" or "white bread" or whatever you're thinking. "stable"
means consistent outcomes. YOUNG kids need simple rules and boundaries to
make them feel secure.

(i think you drifted over into cultural experiences - variety is beneficial
at any age, i agree.)