Re: Pileups Reported on Snow-Covered Roads (washingtonpost.com)

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 15:54:53 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Murcko" <chuck@topsail.org>
>And BTW, WTF is "black ice"? This term seems to have become popular last
decade and I haven't noticed a new phase of water or >anything, just the
same stuff that's always been frozen on the roads. Or is it some kind of
doofus mental aid?

"Black Ice" is that patchy stuff you don't see until you're slipping on it.

The first I heard it used was in XTC's "5 Senses Working Overtime" in a line
about buses skidding on black ice.

-- whump "And all the world is football-shaped, it's there for me to kick in
space"