Re: [NIC-010208.4f9c] Other

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 09:07:35 PST

Tom WSMF writes:
> As for trying to get a laptop fixed, heck , toss it and buy a new one:)_
> its cheaper.

No, but you see, it was still under warrantee. And I did eventually
get them to fix it (for free). But I do have another laptop, bought
for $1500, where I had leaned my elbow on the case and cracked the
display, and the repair cost for that was like $1100. So now it's
hiding behind the TV set and plugged into the net and the TV's svga
input as a dedicated integrated TV/computer thingie doodad.

- Joe