RE: Does "Goodbye Netscape 4.x" mean "Goodbye Netscape"?

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 09:02:04 PST

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Rob Drimmie wrote:

--]> ANd now we have the Protecionist embrace of the Save User from Less Than
--]> Bleeding Edge Browser Liberation and Normalization League.
--]
--] Oh puh-lease. It's not about legislation, it's about information.
--]

Pick my nits all ya want, the upshot is the same. Forced upgrades for "the
good of the users" wether by legisaltion, technocratic fiat or MS style
happysmilepaperclip end user reducation amounts to pretty much the same
thing....."We know better than you"ism in the face of crippled apps,
bullet hole riddle security, spin apart allegences and hype chewed mana.

Nothing personal here, just a growing sense of unease at the next "great
society" style plans to make the work a better place to live. Housing
projects, gov chese and the standard Breadboard and Circuses dont float me
like dat,see?

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign