Re: The New Jargon

From: Bill Stoddard (stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 09:51:43 PST

This is my last reply to this thread...

I -agree- with much of Agre's article. Saying "conservatives" (I do not label
my self thusly) started this emotional abuse is just plain wrong headed (I've
pointed out some counter examples) and does not contribute to a clean delivery
of the message. I have no idea what his motives are; the only things I know
about him are what I can intuit from his writing on rre.

Time for some bad rhetorical metaphor... If it is easier to catch flys with
honey than with vinegar, what can you conclude about someone who still insists
on using vinegar?

Bill

> "Bill Stoddard" <stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com> writes:
> > Taken in the
> > context of the time it was written along with the other writings on rre at
the
> > time, it appeared to be targeted at cutting political enemies to pieces.
The