Re: "older than dirt"

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 07:45:11 PST

My daughter gets a kick out of my MTV story. When I was a teenager, we
used to sit around and get high and watch TV with the sound down and the
stereo on, and say "whoa, did you see that?" whenever something on TV
seemed synched with the music. One day after school, I went to one of
local "old school" stoners' houses, sat down on the couch, and we were
all smoking. I was high already from the ride over, and was sitting
there zoning, watching the TV and the music just -stayed- in sync with
the video. I kept watching, waiting for that to stop, and it just
didn't! I jumped up and started yelling "DO Y'ALL SEE THAT? WHO DOSED
ME? WHAT'S GOING ON?" When I finally figured out what was going on, I
thought that was the best thing since sliced bread.
Damn. I hate MTV now.
P.S. That was back in the days when I'd never heard of or seen shwag. Le
sigh, the good ole days. (:

--
"Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases, think for yourself." --Doris Lessing,
British writer