Re: "older than dirt"

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 06:29:45 PST

19... I grew up in a small town in Ohio (11,000 people) in a mainly farming
area. I think they still have a drive-in.
Definitely age-shifted: I'm almost 36. We had party lines pretty late also.

Here are some others:

26. Foot pedal sewing machines.

27. Victrolas (windup with the big horn).

28. Cat's eye radios.

29. B&W televisions (only).

30. Seeing Neil Armstrong step on the moon and remembering it.

31. Using a slide rule and remembering how.

32. 78 records.

33. Mechanical apple peelers.

34. Steam-engine tractors with solid steel wheels.

35. Shows with giant single-piston farm engines with a giant flywheel.

36. Automatic washers with wringers.

37. Remember when cable TV was first installed, using the giant solid aluminum
around foam around solid copper primitive cable.

sdw

sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@lig.net   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st