Re: P2P microrant (in honor of the P2P conference :-) )

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 09:09:56 PST

I have a problem with your analysis.

The well-rounded 40-something technologist did *both* PC/Mac software and
Internet stuff in the 70s and 80s and of course in the 90s.

A common fallacy is to think that you get something that others don't
because in some way your experience was superior.

We were all leading lives, many of them productive, while you were
adventuring in the True Nature of computers and the Internet.

It's basically an Ad Hominem attack. How does that get us any closer to
high-integrity-hype?

(Something which I believe can be done if smart honest people care to create
a foundation with integrity. I've invited many people to do exactly that on
TheTwoWayWeb.Com, but so far have only had a couple of takers.)

Dave