RE: HTML email

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 09:50:40 PST

Fuck all that and stick to CCITT bi-level images for rich text and pictures.

This ascii-bigotry is somewhat confusing to me. Apart from the fact that
your 30 year old operating system doesnt have a standard html rendering
component, why are people so fixated on a 40 year old standard for encoding
characters for display on glass teletypes.

Admittedly, it is a lowest common denominator, but... so is HTML these days.

Im also a little confused as to why complete computer novices might be more
willing to accept technological change than many of the members of this
list. Could the jihad be composed entirely of counter-revolutionaries?

At what point does plain-ASCII get discarded in favour of unicode, html,
pdf, tex, or some other format? Now, 10 years from now, 100 years from now,
never?