Re: [John Robb of Gomez] The 2X (two way) Internet

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 14:53:32 PST

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

--]jumps out at me. Then again, I was muttering quietly that we needed
--]alternate DNS root servers back in late 1994, and enough folks
--]pooh-poohed it that I said "fine" and let the matter drop. Now look
--]where we are.

Like I said, some folks were taking note of history as it was happening,
and others were too busy wandering around muttering "oooh shinny shinny
nicey nice pretty pretty"

SR , evidently, was wide awake:)-

DNs was a power strugle , so was privacy, encyption, anonymous money
transactions etc etc.

I think a lot of them were "lost" early on simply due to lack of interest
of the body neticus.

Im still steam about how money transactions got to be taken over by the
ccs's. total loss of a great notion.

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign