Re: Organizine shuts down one week after its launch

From: Rahul Dave (rahul@reno.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 12:23:32 PST

I got this from you:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Rahul Dave wrote:
>
> --]Shrinkwrap is expensive though. In Humane interface Jef Raskin talks about
> --]the basic data and methods being sold at a reasonable upfront price (or
> --]perhaps even free), with bundles of additional methods being paid for as needed.
>

> Shrink warp is the last reosrt of the unconnected.
>
> Most all apps and services are now get/use able on the great pipe.
> Distribution to spread the "cost" is easily down via mirroring or
> placement (wuarchive, boom box, winfiles, tucows)
Except when it gets to be really large like a Linux distribution..I still
prefer a CD there..for 2 reasons..I support my favorote distribution, and
its more than a gig of stuff.

Anything under 10MB is fair download game for me (I have 56K). I'm gonna be
DSL soon, at that stage 100MB would be fait game, but still not enough for
a huge thingy eating up 1-2 CD's..

> Documentation via deadtree media is still a need for many. In this case
Myself included; I much prefer to sit back and read dead tree.

Is DIY Do It Yourself? Could you give me an example of such a system/software?