Number of Web services at xmethods as of 1/11/2001: 21.

From: Adam Rifkin (adam@KnowNow.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 10:05:05 PST

Neat, www.xmethods.net added some services, supports WSDL, and verifies
all services daily. I'm sure there's more good stuff to come...

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

> > Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely. > > -- Edward Tufte > Great quote from a great man! References?

It's from this seminar:

http://www.uwm.edu/People/david/tufte.html

I got the attribution from JOHO:

http://www.hyperorg.com/backissues/joho-dec18-00.html

I've also seen it attributed to Vint Cerf:

http://www.varsity.cam.ac.uk/8025694E0073CFEB/Pages/12112000_x.html